Friday, March 12, 2010

A Way to Display a Table in a Blog









.
Bunches of NumbersCol ACol BRow Total

.
Row A123

.
Row B347

.
Column Totals4610


  1. Create the table in Goggle Docs.
  2. Get rid of all the columns and rows not used.
  3. Select File, then Export to HTML.
  4. Ctrl+U to view page source. (Make sure the source doesn't have any physical line breaks in it.)
  5. Copy and paste from there to the blog work area.
  6. Some of what's brought over can't be used (at least in Blogger). In Firefox, I can use Ctrl+P to attempt to publish, and then delete whatever it doesn't like until it finally says I can view my blog.
  7. I haven't yet figured out how to get rid of the first column (shows as a dot), and the first row.  For now, I manually type a '?' in the Compose mode so it is easy to find and then switch to 'Edit Html.'
  8. When you find the first question mark, delete everything beginning with '<tr>' and ending with '</tr>'.
  9. To get rid of them on the rows, delete starting with '<td class="hd">' and ending with '</td>

(I currently have a problem where sometimes the current table tries to pick up the colors of the previous table.  I have had no luck reaching Google regarding this.  I have submitted it to the boards.  If anyone has a solution, please let me know.  In the meantime, I try to stay with the same general scheme of colors, etc.

New issue: if this is displayed by itself, it looses its coloring.  )

No comments:

Post a Comment